Nigel Phillips Rare Books was founded in 1982. We deal in antiquarian books on science and medicine, in all their aspects and in any language. We have a preference for early works, from the fifteenth century to about 1850, but some more recent classic works can also be found on our shelves.
We issue two printed catalogues a year, which can also be sent by email.
We exhibit at several of the world’s principal antiquarian book fairs each year, particularly London and New York.
We are members of the Antiquarian Booksellers’ Association and of the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers.
- All books are complete unless the description states otherwise, and are guaranteed as described.
- Any book may be returned for any reason within fourteen days of receipt, by prior arrangement, if packed and shipped as received. For the legal stuff, please see the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. A cancellation form can be supplied on request. A dispute resolution service is provided by the EU Online Dispute Resolution Platform. Please also note that under standard terms of business, title does not pass to the purchaser until the purchase price has been paid in full.
- Orders are dispatched by airmail or courier and insured, but may be sent by any method on request. The cost of shipping is extra.
- Payment in pounds sterling is preferred. We accept payment by Visa and Mastercard.
- We are registered in the UK for VAT, no. GB 451 0394 74.